The billboards feature retro-style dinosaurs, and appeared recently in cities such as Chicago, San Francisco, and Houston. Some critics have wondered why the ads focus on dinosaurs instead of God, or whether this equates to a ‘Flintstones’ theology, but Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis pooh-poohed such folks. Ham pointed out on his AIG blog that atheists have long used billboards to promote their point of view.
In the News: Dinosaur Billboards and the Creation Museum
Posted by Adam Laats on June 18, 2012
Getting It Wrong at The Atlantic
Getting It Wrong at The Atlantic
Winner of the History of Education Society’s Outstanding Book Award, 2015
Why are we STILL fighting about evolution?
Find ILYBYGTH around the Web:
- Do you need to read TECN? Read Professor Amy Lark’s review in American Biology Teacher to find out….
- Read Princeton historian Kevin Kruse’s review of The Other School Reformers in The Journal of American History
- Why did Wheaton fire Larycia Hawkins? My two cents at History News Network and the Chicago Sun-Times
- Why should progressives study conservative school reformers? Read Dr. Andrew Petto’s review of The Other School Reformers to find out!
- What are people saying about The Other School Reformers? Read Mike Wakeford’s review at the Society for US Intellectual History blog
- GOP Politics and the Educational F-word, at History News Network and Time
- Podcast with John J. Miller of National Review about The Other School Reformers: What does it mean to be an “educational conservative?”
- Is the Common Core “Conservative?” in the Albany Times-Union
- “Saving Progressive Education from Itself,” in Education Week
- “The Missionary Supposition: Evolution Education and Creationist Culture,” in Reports of the National Center for Science Education
- “To Teach Evolution, You Have To Understand Creationists,” at the Chronicle of Higher Education
- “The Real Wall of Separation in Public Schools,” at the Washington Post’s Answer Sheet education blog
- “Does David Barton’s Flameout Make This a Scopes Moment for American History?” History News Network
- ‘”Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Huckabee,” Creationism in Historical Perspective:’ Adam Laats at EVoS, November, 2011
- Now in paperback: Adam Laats, Fundamentalism and Education in the Scopes Era: God, Darwin, and the Roots of America’s Culture Wars
- “Why Do Conservative Southerners Loudly Insist that Kids Be Taught Lies about the Civil War?” History News Network
- “Kids Are Learning to be Leftists in Public Schools by Historians with an Ax to Grind?” History News Network
- Adam Laats American Legion Answers in Genesis atheism Ben Carson Bible Bill Nye Binghamton University Biola University BioLogos Bob Jones University Bryan College catholicism Charter Schools Common Core State Standards Conservatism Creationism Creation Museum Culture War Culture Wars Dan Kahan Daughters of the American Revolution David Barton David Long Dinesh D’Souza Discovery Institute Don McLeroy Education Eric Plutzer evangelicalism Evolution Evolutionary creationism Evolution education fundamentalism Gordon College Henry Morris Heritage Foundation higher education homeschooling homosexuality Institute for Creation Research Intelligent Design Jerry Coyne Jonathan Zimmerman Jonny Scaramanga Ken Ham Liberty University Max Rafferty Mel and Norma Gabler Michael Berkman Moody Bible Institute National Center for Science Education Nature of Science New York Times Progressive Education Public Education public schools Racism Richard Dawkins Rod Dreher Ronald Numbers same-sex marriage School Prayer Science sex education Sexual assault Texas Freedom Network Textbooks Tim LaHaye traditional education traditionalist education Trey Kay Wheaton College William Jennings Bryan Young earth creationism
- Copyright 2011-2015, the Authors; All Rights Reserved